There Has to Be a Better Way
In 1998, TERRIO Physical Therapy & Fitness, Inc. consisted of Tim Terrio performing physical therapy on a handful of patients out of one clinic in North Bakersfield. 19 years later the company has blossomed into a network of services all designed to help you, our customer, reach your fullest potential. TERRIO lives off the mantra "there has to be a better way." Thus, whenever TERRIO is presented with a problem, we look for a creative and innovative solution to that problem and then we make sure our patients "Get Informed, Get Moving, Get Better."
To demonstrate TERRIO's commitment to providing quality care and service to our patients, we have invested in measuring functional patient outcomes and patient satisfaction using a third-party outcomes system, Focus on Therapeutic Outcomes, Inc. (FOTO©). While many in health care say they are committed to quality care and service, few are willing to put their resources into actually measuring these cornerstones and responding to them.
Furthermore, in January 2012 Tim Terrio and six other TERRIO physical therapists started the Evidence-In-Motion (EIM) program to further advance their education through the 18 month 'transitional' Doctorate in Physical Therapy Program or the 18 month Orthopedic Residency. It was through this program that TERRIO was selected to be part of the "Clinical Excellence Network" (CEN) program in Association with Rocky Mountain University where TERRIO received student interns. Through the years, TERRIO staff has helped EIM put together curriculums in Acute Care and Pediatrics and TERRIO is the only CEN member in the Nation that can offer students internship hours in Orthopedics, Sports, Acute, Rehabilitation, Pediatrics and Women's Health.
Services by the Numbers...
- 8 Adult Outpatient Physical Therapy Clinics in Kern County
- 2 Adult Outpatient Physical Therapy Clinics in Fresno County
- 1 Pediatric Outpatient Physical Therapy Clinic in Bakersfield (plus a second location inside Memorial Hospital)
- 1 Aquatic Physical Therapy and Low-Level Rehab Clinic in Bakersfield
- 1 Sports Training/Adult Outpatient Physical Therapy Clinic in Bakersfield
- Inpatient Physical Therapy Contract with Bakersfield Memorial Hospital
- Occupational Therapy Contracts with 10 School Districts in Kern County
- Contract with Kern Regional Center to Perform Early Intervention Program for Autistic Children
Staff by the Numbers...
- 49 Physical Therapists
- 15 Occupational Therapists
- 9 Speech-Language Pathologists Therapists
- 4 Physical Therapy Assistants
- 5 Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants
- 139 staff employees