Outpatient Physical Therapy
Outpatient Physical Therapy... * help for any number of problems * Pre- and Post Operative Surgery Program * Neurological Problems * Balance/Vestibular Problems
Injured? TERRIO Can Help
TERRIO offers Adult Outpatient Therapy services to patients with a wide variety of issues from general aches and pains, to those recovering from surgery and those with sports injuries and neurological and balance problems.
TERRIO can help those who are experiencing:
- Muscle, joint, or nerve pain involving the neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists and hands, back, pelvis, hips, knees, ankles and feet. This may include sprains and strains, tendonitis, bursitis, fractures, or just general pains.
- Recovery from surgery, i.e., shoulder, back, neck hips, knees and ankles and feet. This can include knee, hip, and shoulder replacements, ACL reconstruction and Rotator cuff repairs to name a few.
- General deconditioning and weakness from fatigue, heart problems, respiratory problems, inactivity, or post hospitalization
- Sports injuries
- Those preparing to have a total knee or hip joint replacement. We offer a pre and post operative program that includes education as to what to expect during and after the surgery.
- Neurological problems such as strokes or CVA, Parkinson’s, Peripheral Neuropathy, Sciatica, numbness or tingling into the extremities, Muscular Dystrophy, Multiple sclerosis, etc.
- Balance and Vestibular problems
- Women's Health issues such as pre and post-partum issues, incontinence, pelvic, and low back pain
Pre- and Post Operative Surgery Program
Our Pre- and Post Operative Surgery Program is a unique program that TERRIO offers to patients that are planning on having a knee or hip replacement. It is a program that works in conjunction with your insurance, your doctor, and the hospital.
- The program begins with a set number of pre-op treatments that includes strengthening of the whole body in preparation for after the surgery. Included in the pre-op sessions is one visit devoted to education of the patient and the family member or friend that will be helping them out after the surgery. In this sessions multiple topics are covered such as what the surgery entails, what to expect in the hospital, how to get in/out of bed, walking with a walker, and getting in/out of the car, to name a few.
- After the surgery the doctor will send the patient back to TERRIO for more therapy to get the knee or hip returning to normal function.
At TERRIO we help a lot of patients that have any number of forms of neurological problems. The diagnosis can include CVA or stroke, Parkinson’s, Peripheral neuropathy, sciatica, radicular pain, numbness or tingling, and other complications arising from other neurological problems such as Muscular Dystrophy, Multiple Sclerosis and brain injuries just to name a few.
In each case the therapist will evaluate the patient’s condition and develop a treatment program that will have the goal of helping the patient to either return to their previous level of function or to accommodate to whatever deficits they have to allow them to be more functional and safe at home and in the community.
At TERRIO we treat those patients that are experiencing balance and/or vestibular problems or have a history of falling. Each patient will be evaluated and an individualized program will be developed to address their specific condition. For some it is to address the symptoms of dizziness or spinning with head or eye movements or changes in positions. For others, they just feel off balance, stumble a lot, or have a history of falling. In all cases the goal is to get the patient back to a state of normal function and decrease their risk of falling or fear of movement.